Are you or is someone you know dealing with financial difficulties? Need help with rent or utilities? In need of child care or seeking help with an aging parent? Looking for affordable housing, medical care or after school programs?
United Way 211 is a free, confidential information and referral helpline and website.
Connect to essential health and human services in our community -- 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
211 is now available in the palm of your hand. The power of the 211 database is available in a free smartphone app. Simply download the app for free by searching for 211 Iowa on Google Play or in the App Store. No registration or account is required.
211 can offer referrals to these types of services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food pantries, clothing closets, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health care, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, substance abuse and intervention rehabilitation
- Employment Supports: financial assistance, job training, educational programs
- Support For Older Americans And Persons With Disabilities: adult day care, aging and disability resource centers, congregate meals, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support For Children, Youth And Families: child care, Head Start, family resource centers, holiday assistance, parenting, summer camps and recreational programs, summer meal programs, mentoring, protective services
- Volunteer Opportunities And Donation Services
This is a small portion of services that are available in the 211 database. Utilizing a comprehensive computerized database of more than 13,000 nonprofit and public programs and services, trained Information and Referral Specialists give personalized attention to each caller. Specialists can refer callers to a variety of services that best meet needs that arise. 211 is the number to call when you aren't sure who to call.
How to contact 211
- Landline: 2-1-1
- Any Phone: 319-739-4211
- Toll Free: 1-866-469-2211
- Text Your Zipcode: 898211