Cedar Valley United Way holds annual campaigns and distributes funds to worthy programs, and so much more! Our mission is to be the expert on the complex and ever-changing human condition throughout the Cedar Valley. We are the resource organizer and community problem-solver, with initiatives and collaborative projects to put your contributions at work where they’re needed most.
Cedar Valley United Way has a unique fund distribution and community planning process that calls on volunteers and staff to determine community need, assessing agencies and programs to make sure an effective safety net is established for individuals and families. With careful planning, we make sure the resources – including dollars, volunteers, and in-kind services – go where they will do the most good and help make the Cedar Valley an even better place to live.
Leveraging resources to help people, change lives, and make your community investment count throughout the Cedar Valley.
To be the leader in building caring and vital relationships throughout the Cedar Valley that produce positive results, gather and disperse community resources, and yield measurable impact.
- We value and believe in integrity, which guides our role as a trusted steward of community resources and our relationships with community partners.
- We value and believe in compassion, which guides our practices, processes and actions to proactively identify, understand and respond to the needs throughout the community.
- We value and believe in collaboration and inclusion as the most effective and strategic approach to create community solutions to identified needs.
- We value and believe in accountability by expecting ourselves and community partners to be results-oriented by identifying measurable outcomes and holding ourselves responsible for achieving those outcomes.
- We value and believe in our commitment to the Cedar Valley by thoroughly understanding the root causes of community needs, making thoughtful decisions and taking determined actions to address those needs.